Updated on May 25, 2018
Posted on January 8, 2018
Welcome to visit this website!
- Information We May Collect
- Information Collected Automatically
- Information You Provide
- Information Collected from Other Sources
- Sensitive Personal Information
- Online Tracking
- How We Use the Information We Collect
- How We Share or Disclose the Information We Collect
- How We Protect Personal Information
- Your Rights and Choices
- Access, Update, and Correct Personal Information
- Links to Third-Party Websites
- Other Things You Should Know
- Contact Us
1. Information We May Collect
Information Collected Automatically
Like most website operators, CareOurEarth automatically gathers information of the sort that browsers automatically make available whenever you visit this Website. The information we collect in this manner includes IP addresses, domain servers, types of computers accessing the website, types of web browsers accessing the website, and the date and time of access (collectively “Traffic Data”). These Data are anonymous information that does not personally identify you, but provides us the information about what happens when you visit our Website or use our Services, along with the information about your device. We use this information to, for example, get insights on how people use our Services, so we can make our Services better. We may also determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions.
Part of the information is collected using cookies and/or web beacons. A cookie is a string of information that a website stores on a visitor’s computer, and that the visitor’s browser provides to the website each time the visitor returns. A web beacon, also known as a pixel tag or clear GIF, is a small block of code placed on a website and e-mail, which is used to transmit information collected through cookies to our service providers’ servers. These web beacons enable our service providers to compile anonymous information about your browsing activity on the Site. For more information, see the section on “Online Tracking” below.
Information You Provide
We may obtain certain personal information when you choose to provide them through this Website. The types of personal information we may collect include, without limitation: your name, e-mail address, username and password, and employment information.
- Account and profile information: We ask for basic information from you in order to set up your account. For example, we require individuals who sign up for a CareOurEarth account to provide your username, real name, and email address. You may provide us with more information – like your career – but we don’t require that information to create your account. Once you have an account with us, we collect the information that you provide for your public profile, so please keep that in mind when deciding what information you would like to include.
- Content information: Depending on the Services you use, you may also provide us with information about you in the published content on this Website. For example, if you write a blog post that includes biographic information about you, we will have that information, and so will anyone with access to the Internet, if you choose to publish the post publicly.
- Communications with us: You may provide us information when you make comments on any posts on this Website, communicate with us about a question, or post a question in our public forums.
The amount and type of information depends on the context and how you use our Services. You are under no obligation to provide Personal Information, with the caveat that your refusal to do so may prevent you from using certain of the Services.
Information Collected from Other Sources
We may get information about you from other sources. For example, if you create or log into your CareOurEarth account through another service (like Google) or if you connect your account to a social media service (like Twitter), we will receive information from that service (such as your username, profile information, and friends list) via the authorization procedures used by that service. The information we receive depends on which services you authorize and any options that are available.
We may also get information from third party services about individuals who are not yet our users (but we hope will be!), which we may use, for example, for marketing and advertising purposes.
Sensitive Personal Information
Sensitive Personal Information includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, criminal convictions and offences, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data.
Sensitive Personal Information requires higher levels of protection. You are not required to provide sensitive personal information when you visit this Website and/or use our services. However, we may obtain part of your sensitive personal information in such situations as:
- you have already manifestly made the information public; or
- you have not disclosed the information in the public domain but you may have declared the information to us at the time you submit your contribution or contact us via electronic communications.
In such situations, the Sensitive Personal Data will be processed and protected on the basis of relevant principles and our legal obligations.
2. Online Tracking
We may use third-party web analytics services on our Website, like Webtrends and Google Analytics. These service providers help us analyse how users use our Website. The information collected for this purpose (including your IP address and other information collected by automated means) will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers. These service providers may retain and use anonymised, aggregated data collected from users of our Website in connection with their own businesses, including in order to improve their products and services.
3. How We Use the Information We Collect
CareOurEarth analyzes traffic data and information gathered using cookies to help us better understand who is using the Website and how they are using it. By identifying patterns and trends in usage, CareOurEarth is able to better design the Website to improve your experience, and to serve you more relevant and interesting content and advertisements. From time to time, we may release traffic data and information gathered using cookies in the aggregate, such as by publishing a report on trends in the usage of the Website. CareOurEarth does not attempt to link information gathered using cookies to personal information. In addition, CareOurEarth uses your contact data to offer and provide products, services and information to you, including newsletters, and to communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, special events, programs, surveys, contests, sweepstakes, and other offers or promotions, to the extent permitted by law. We may use the information we obtain through the Website to display content on our Website, such as stories, product reviews and photos. CareOurEarth also uses your profile information to customize and tailor your experience on the Website.
We also use this information to help diagnose technical and service problems, administer our Website, identify users of our Website, and gather demographic information about our users. We use clickstream data to determine how much time users spend on web pages of our Website, how users navigate through our Website, and how we may tailor our Website to better meet the needs of our users. In addition, we may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
4. How We Share or Disclose the Information We Collect
Except under the limited circumstances spelled out below, CareOurEarth will keep your personal information private, and will not share it with third parties.
- Disclosure in Connection with Services. CareOurEarth may disclose Personal Information to those who help it provide Services, including without limitation those who perform technical, administrative, and data processing tasks such as hosting, billing, fulfillment, and data storage and security.
- As Required by Law: We may disclose information about you when required to do so by law, or in response to a subpoena or court order.
- To Protect Rights and Property: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of CareOurEarth, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of serious accident or death, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
- With Your Consent:We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties with which you authorize us to do so, such as the social media services that you connect to your site through our publicize feature.
- Aggregated and De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services.
5. How We Protect Personal Information
CareOurEarth implements and maintains reasonable security procedures and practices, including administrative, technical and physical safeguards, to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized access, use, alteration, destruction, loss or disclosure.
All processing of personal data shall be conducted according to the data protection principles as follows:
- Personal data must be processed lawfully, fairly and transparently.
- Personal data can only be collected for specific, explicit and legitimate purposes.
- Personal data must be relevant and limited to what is necessary for processing.
- Personal data must be accurate and kept up to date with every effort to erase or correct.
- Personal data must be kept in a form such that the data subject can only be identified if it is necessary for processing.
- Personal data must be processed in a manner that ensures the appropriate security.
6. Your Rights and Choices
CareOurEarth respects that data subjects have the following rights about the data processing, and the data which is recorded about them:
- To request for access regarding the nature of information held and to whom it has been disclosed.
- To prevent processing likely to cause damage or distress.
- To prevent processing for purposes of direct marketing.
- To be informed about the mechanics of automated decision-making process which will significantly affect them.
- Not to have significant decisions that will affect them taken solely by automated process.
- To sue for compensation if they suffer damage by any contravention of the applicable privacy and other laws.
- To take action to rectify, block and erase including the right to be forgotten or destroy inaccurate data.
- To request the supervisory authority (eg. a privacy commissioner or a data protection officer) to assess whether any provision of the relevant privacy and other laws has been violated.
- To have personal data provided to them in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and the right to have such data transmitted to another data controller.
- To object to any automated profiling which is occurring.
You have several options available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the information that you provide: If you have registered an account at this Website, you can choose not to provide the optional account information and profile information. Please keep in mind that if you do not provide this information, certain features of our Services may not be accessible.
- Opt-out of electronic communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us by sending us an e-mail with your name and e-mail address, if you do not want us to use your information for marketing purposes. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account and legal notices.
- Please be aware that we are able to process an opt-out request only for a specific e-mail address. So, if you have more than one e-mail address or if you have changed your e-mail address, your opt-out request may not be processed properly. If you believe you have opted out, but continue to receive e-mails from us, please contact us by one of the means listed under “Contact Us” below, and we will endeavor to resolve the issue.
7. Access, Update, and Correct Personal Information
8. Links to Third-Party Websites
Linked websites may have their own privacy policies or notices. Before visiting or providing personal information to a linked third-party website, you should inform yourself of the privacy policies and practices (if any) of that third-party website, and should take those steps necessary to, in your discretion, protect your privacy.
10. Other Things You Should Know
Information that you choose to make public is – you guessed it – disclosed publicly. That means that information like your public profile, posts, other content that you make public on our Website, and your “likes” and/or comments on other posts, are all available to others – and we hope you get a lot of views! Public information may also be indexed by search engines or used by third parties. Please keep all of this in mind when deciding what you would like to share.
By registering for the Website and/or Services and/or by providing contact name and email address through the Website or Services, you hereby expressly consent, without limitation: (1) to receive electronic communications from CareOurEarth, over the short term and periodically, regarding the Website and/or Services, promotions, and other matters; and/or (2) to receive electronic communications from other users of the Website and Services. You may opt-out of receiving electronic communications at any time by (a) following the unsubscribe instructions contained in each communication; or (b) sending an email to us.
11. Contact Us