- What are cookies?
A cookie is a small simple file that is sent along with pages of this website and stored by your browser on the hard drive of your computer or another device. The information stored therein may be returned to our servers or to the servers of relevant third parties during a subsequent visit. A script is a piece of program code that is used to make our website function properly and interactively. This code is executed on our server or on your device. A web beacon (or a pixel tag) is a small, invisible piece of text or image on a website that is used to monitor traffic on the website. Generally, all these technologies are referred to as “cookies.”
Cookies may be either “persistent” or “session”-based. A persistent cookie consists of a text file sent by a web server to a web browser, which will be stored by the browser and remain valid until its set expiry date, but you can delete it before the expiry date. A session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed. Both session cookies and persistent cookies are used on this website.
All cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you, but personal information that we store about you may be linked, by us, to the information stored in and obtained from cookies. The cookies used on this website include those which are strictly necessary for access and navigation (technical cookies), the cookies that track usage (statistics cookies) or remember your choices (functional cookies), and the cookies that provide you with targeted content or advertising (marketing cookies).
We may use the information we obtain from your use of our cookies for the following purposes:
- to recognize your computer when you visit the website
- to track you as you navigate the website, and to enable the use of any e-commerce facilities
- to improve the website’s usability
- to analyze the use of the website
- in the administration of the website
- to personalize the website for you, including targeting advertisements which may be of particular interest to you.
- Third party cookies
When you use the website, you may also be sent third party cookies.
Our advertisers (e.g., Google AdSense) and service providers (e.g., Google Analytics, Wordfence, WordPress, Yoast), may send you cookies. They may use the information they obtain from your use of their cookies:
- to track your browser across multiple websites
- to build a profile of your web surfing
- to target advertisements which may be of particular interest to you.
- Manage your consent settings
- Your rights with respect to personal data
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- You have the right to know why your personal data is collected, what will happen to it, and how long it will be retained for.
- Right of access: You have the right to access your personal data that is known to us.
- Right to rectification: you have the right to supplement, correct, or delete your personal data whenever you wish.
- If you give us your consent to process your data, you have the right to revoke that consent and to have your personal data deleted.
- Right to transfer your data: you have the right to request all your personal data from the controller and transfer it in its entirety to another controller.
- Right to object: you may object to the processing of your data. We comply with this unless there are justified grounds for processing.
- Enabling, blocking, and deleting cookies
You can use your internet browser to automatically or manually block or delete cookies. You can also specify that certain cookies may not be placed. Another option is to change the settings of your internet browser so that you receive a message each time a cookie is placed. For more information about these options, please refer to the instructions in the Help section of your browser.
Please note that our website may not work properly, or you may not be able to use certain features on the site if all cookies are blocked or disabled. If you do delete the cookies in your browser, they will be placed again after your consent when you re-visit our website.
- Contact us